Bermuda Corporate Law Ltd. provides legal advice on corporate and trust law to local and international clients. With decades of experience in the Bermuda legal community, our lawyers can provide timely and reliable legal advice and opinions. Our focus on the corporate, trust and real estate practice areas allow us to offer a superior service to our clients.
TRUSTS AND ESTATES
- Establishing Bermuda trusts
- Trust law
- Estate planning
CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL
- Incorporation of Bermuda companies (on behalf of licensed corporate service providers)
- Corporate law
- Mergers & acquisitions and corporate transactions
- Corporate and commercial contracts
- Bermuda real estate transactions
- Mortgages and refinancing
- Insurance license applications
- Regulatory advice
- Trademark applications and renewals
- Trademark searches
Incorporating in Bermuda
A Bermuda exempted company, which has a registered office and secretary in Bermuda but does business overseas, can provide a combination of advantages not available in other offshore jurisdictions:
Bermuda has never had a corporate income tax. The Bermuda Government will issue a written assurance to any exempted company requesting it that they will not be taxed on income, profits, capital gains, share transactions, or inheritance until at least the year 2035.
SIMPLE, PRACTICAL CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- Annual government filings are a simple one-page form that can be completed and filed by your resident secretary.
- Company accounts are not filed with the Government.
- Annual General Meetings may be waived.
- No resident director is required.
- Bermuda is one of the largest insurance and reinsurance centers in the world, which ensures a large presence of business support professionals on the island. All of the world’s largest accounting and auditing firms are represented in Bermuda. Corporate service providers are subject to a licensing regime to ensure that they adhere to high standards.
NO EXCHANGE CONTROL
Bermuda does not restrict capital flows in any foreign currency. Bermuda banks offer accounts in dozens of foreign currencies to many exempted companies. US dollars are accepted at par throughout Bermuda.
PROXIMITY TO THE EASTERN UNITED STATES
Bermuda has daily direct flights from seven cities in the United States and Canada. Bermuda is a 90-minute flight from New York; 2 hours from Boston or Philadelphia; 3 hours from Toronto, Miami or Atlanta; 6 hours from London.
LONG, STABLE EXPERIENCE WITH INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Bermuda’s track record for stability and dependability is unrivaled by any other offshore jurisdiction. It has a 400-year history of continuous, stable government. Bermuda is a common law country with its final court of appeal at the Privy Council in London, whose judges also serve on the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.
WHAT OUR FIRM CAN PROVIDE TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- Working with a respected and licensed corporate service provider
- Decades of experience with Bermuda incorporations
- Responsiveness and quick turnaround times
- Competitive fees
- Assistance with licensing in regulated financial services industries (insurance companies, mutual funds, investment businesses)
- Assistance with setting up bank accounts
- Advice on corporate and commercial contracts and transactions
If you would like to know more about incorporating an exempted company in Bermuda, please contact us at 1-441-531-7725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A. LL.B. T.E.P.
President and Director of Bermuda Corporate Law Ltd. Luciano was admitted to the Bar of England and Wales in 1992 and the Bar of Bermuda in 1993. He is also a member of Gray’s Inn. He has twenty years of experience practicing trust and corporate law in Bermuda. He became a partner at the law firm of Marshall Aicardi (later Marshall Diel & Myers) in 2000, and was the managing partner of its affiliated trust company and corporate service provider. His areas of practice include trust law, probate, wills and estates, incorporations and company law, commercial contracts and corporate transactions. He speaks English and Spanish.